Clever Last Minute Housewarming Gift Ideas For New Homeowners
Your friend just moved into their new home but their housewarming party is already here! Don’t stress about finding the perfect gift at the last minute. You can still get creative with fun and functional housewarming presents they’ll love.
Personalize a wooden plaque or sign with their family name, the home’s name, or a cute saying like “The Smith’s Nest.” You can often find pre-made signs at craft shops and customize them in an hour.
Make a thoughtful decorative piece for their home:
- Canvas photo print of the house exterior or floorplan
- Frame featuring an inspiring quote about home
- Unique wreath for their front door
- Custom throw pillow with their initials
Help them relax and unwind in their new abode with:
- Plush robes and slippers
- Scented candles and essential oils
- Bath bombs and luxury soaps
- Herbal tea collection
- Bottle of bubbly champagne or wine
Put it all together in a decorative box or basket.
Appeal to their tastebuds with:
- Assortment of fancy cookies, chocolates or macarons
- Trio of gourmet food items like olive oil, nuts, and spreads
- Homemade baked goods like bread, banana muffins or brownies
- Small indoor herb garden kit they can grow
For the hands-on homeowner:
- Tool kit or new power drill
- Hardware store gift card
- Guide book on home repairs and DIY projects
- Basket of useful paint supplies
- Set of picture hanging essentials
With a little thought, you can still make a new homeowner feel special, even with a last minute housewarming gift.