You Forgot Their Anniversary! Here’s How to Quickly Make it Memorable for Mom and Dad
It’s your parent’s big anniversary celebration tomorrow and you completely spaced on getting them a gift! You want to kick yourself for forgetting, but now is not the time for regret. Even at the last minute, you can pull together a thoughtful gift your parents will genuinely appreciate. Here are some creative ideas to save yourself and still make their anniversary memorable:
Book a Special Experience
At this late stage your best bet is to give them an experience gift. Book an outing or activity for the two of them to enjoy together like:
- Massage or trip to the spa
- Cooking, baking or cocktail class
- Wine tasting or brewery tour
- Tickets to a show, play or concert
- Reservations at their favorite restaurant or cafe
With an experience gift you don’t need to stress about wrapping and delivery. Just print off the details in a cute card! It shows you put real thought into celebrating their relationship.
Make a Sentimental Gift
You don’t need fancy supplies or skills for heartfelt DIY gifts like:
- Photo collage of their relationship
- Custom framed family tree
- Scrapbook of memories from your childhood
- Spotify playlist or mixtape of “their songs”
- Jar filled with happy memory notes or love coupons
Homemade gifts demonstrate how much you appreciate everything they’ve done for you.
Send a Delivery Surprise
If you truly have no time to shop or make a gift, send something right to their home. Options include:
- Flower bouquet
- Box of decadent chocolates
- Bottle of champagne or nice wine
- Gift basket with fruit, baked goods, preserves
- Their favorite takeout meal or dessert
- Edible Arrangement of chocolate dipped fruit
A surprise delivery is sure to brighten their anniversary, even if you couldn’t be there in person.
While nothing makes up for forgetting your parent’s anniversary, a heartfelt last minute gift shows you really do care. With an experience, DIY project, or delivery surprise, you can still make their milestone feel extra special.